For its Fall 2018/Spring 2019 issues, Boyhood Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal invites:
– book reviews/essays
– special section/issue proposals
- ISSN: 2375-9240 (Print)
- ISSN: 2375-9267 (Online)
- Volume 11/2018, 2 issues p.a.
Aims & Scope
Boyhood Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal is a peer-reviewed journal providing a forum for the discussion of boyhood, young masculinities, and boys’ lives by exploring the full scale of intricacies, challenges, and legacies that inform male and masculine developments. Boyhood Studies is committed to a critical and international scope and solicits both articles and special issue proposals from a variety of research fields including, but not limited to, the social and psychological sciences, historical and cultural studies, philosophy, and social, legal, and health studies.
One of the core missions of the journal is to initiate conversation across disciplines, research angles, and intellectual viewpoints. Both theoretical and empirical contributions fit the journal’s scope with critical literature reviews and review essays also welcomed. Possible topics include boyish and tomboyish genders; boys and schooling; boys and (post)feminisms; the folklore, mythology, and poetics of “male development”; son-parent and male student-teacher relations; young masculinities in the digital and postdigital ages; young sexualities; as well as representations of boyhoods across temporalities, geographies, and cultures.
At press: Volume 11, Issue 1, Spring 2018
Boyhood Studies is indexed/abstracted in:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science)
- European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS)
- IBR – International Bibliography of Book Reviews of Scholarly Literature on the Humanities and Social Sciences (De Gruyter)
- IBZ – International Bibliography of Periodical Literature (De Gruyter)
- and of course Google Scholar.
General info is available from http://journals.berghahnbooks.com/boyhood-studies
Our Twitter is at https://twitter.com/BoyhoodStudies
Any queries: email@example.com