im Oktober 2018 findet an der Jagiellonen-Universität in Krakau eine Animal Study Konferenz statt, welche auch Gender spezifische Aspekte berücksichtigen wird. Es würde uns freuen, wenn Sie die nachfolgenden Informationen über Ihren ZtG Blog sowie den E-Mail Verteiler verbreiten würden.
Vielen Dank im Voraus!
In the name of…
Conference on Animal Studies of BA, MA and PhD students
Kraków, 25-26 October 2018
We speak in the name of animals. We kill in the name of pleasure. We think in the name of animals. We subdue the earth in the name of gods. We make them suffer in the name of science. We fight in the name of animals. We abuse in the name of profit. Therefore, we organize a conference – to think, to discuss, to exchange.
– representation of non-human animals in literature, film, music and art;
– the fight for non-human animal rights and other emancipation struggles
– vegetarianism/veganism – why, in the name of whom and what
– the construction of humanity and animality
– representation of non-human animals in law
– non-human animal lawsuit
– what do we put in the mouths of non-human animals?
– what it means to have a pet?
– capitalism – an enemy or an ally of vegetarianism/veganism
– non-human animals’ representation on the internet
– non-human animals – beasts or sweeties?
– which non-human animal should I call you to offend you?
Topics are just a suggestion, we encourage you to be creative!
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 1st July 2018.
Abstracts containing up to 1000 characters should be sent with affiliation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organizers reserve the right to select the applications. The information about the admission will be sent until 31st July 2018. The conference will be held in a barrier-free venue. We do not provide accommodation. There is no conference fee.
Organisational unit: Institute of European Studies, Jagiellonian University in Kraków
Mit herzlichem Gruß,